Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Day Late...or two...11 days in, and struggling


Coffee on the deck with Pepi...birdsong, water splashing, early morning sunlight gilding the spiderwebs and fine grass blades...

Pepi likes the new fountain, too...
Peace.  The breeze stires the prayer flags and the small birds sing their varied song....

Peace.  The only sounds are those of a summer morning and the surf of traffic on the small state highway nearby.

Peace.  The surety of love and the gift of having Enough.

The wee dragon sits by the fountain...

Hotei enjoys the scent of incense in the tiny iron pot...

A lacy leaf hangs suspended in an invisible web...


But coffee on the early morning deck keeps me grounded...
Old cat drowses by my side...



The prayer flags are tattered and faded, but as long as they wave, they carry our prayers with them.

The iridescent gazing ball wears a wild wreath of trumpet vine...
We HAVE been busier than usual, both with people and with work.  Over the weekend and unprecedented 6 orders came through...we are grateful but puzzled.
Strange that there are so many distractions and interruptions in this month of renewed attention and focus.  Joseph says it's no coincidence, and I believe he is right.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I'm sure that I'm not always losing focus when this happens. These 'distractions' sometimes are actually signposts along my way and also bear investigation. For me, nature is a 'home base', an interlude, and place of peace. The 'business' of daily living and its people are also where my energies are directed. Carrying the inner light outward, if you will. Though much more difficult for me to have the courage to follow, I know that the direction of my energy and attention at times needs to be there. I have to remember that my inner light is designed to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big test for me, I know, to retain the inner peace when I'm busy. To learn how to retain it all the time. Not easy. But what a goal!

    LOve your pics--especially the gazing ball with the vine. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin